Thursday, January 19, 2012

ARM DAY...CROSSFIT STYLE!

1/19

AM)

STRENGTH:

-STRICT PULL UP 3X3
-MAX KIP PULL UP

-STRICT RING DIP 4X5
-MAX KIP RING DIP

-SUPINE RING ROW 3X15

PM)
-RUN 800m
-REST 3 MIN
-RUN 600M
-REST 2 MIN
-RUN 400M
-REST 1 MIN
-RUN 200M

Again i decided not to do the usual barbell strength. i want to start the next strength cycle on monday, i have a little game plan to add to the windler that should be promising. so i did 3x3 strict pull up, using 65# for the 1st two and 75# for the last set. i did all my warm up sets and my 1st working set overhand then switched to an underhand grip for the last two, i feel a little more powerful with the underhand grip,.plus i knew i was going to blow out my lats and arms overhand with the max set of kipping pull ups. felt solid on all 3 sets, its been a long time since i did weighted pull ups and its something i should probably do more of. the 1rm chest to bar pull up event in the games this last year wasn't one of my best, with an 85# pull. the last 3 inches to get the chest to touch are tricky! moving onto the kipping pull ups i felt like a machine! my previous best was 52,  i was about 8lbs lighter and that was fresh so i wasn't sure how this was going to turn out. i cranked out 55 without breaking pace, then held on for 3 more for a total of 58! i really wanted 60 but i just didn't have the grip strength to hold on. next was the ring dips, another movement i rarely do weighted. i went 25#,50#,75# and 100#, only getting 4 on the last set. those are rough! but i was happy with the way i felt on them, feeling very stable and solid. next was the max set of kipping ring dips. ive never tried this and had no idea what was doable do i set my goal at 30 reps. i ended up blasting through 30 and finally hitting failure at 42 reps, again a very good feeling to exceed my own expectations. finally, we finished with 3 sets of 15 supine ring rows , which were way harder than expected. i made it a point to over exaggerate my posture and strict form. these blew me up from my biceps and shoulders down into my low back..nice...it felt like one of those good ol' arm days i used to love so much back in the meat head days...gotta love the pump!

for the pm session we headed to the track for some running intervals. i did my 800m in 2:49, 600m in 2:00, 400 in 1:14, and 200 in :35. my cardio felt great, my running stride is starting come back, but in the middle of the 400m my low back went to shit. i always seem to do track days with a sore back and as soon as i get 1200m - 1600m in my back is shot. i need to start working these in more strategically. well that's it for today, im planning on a heavy deadlift wod tomorrow so we'll see what i muster up!

HERE'S A COOL PIC OF ZACK AND I BATTLING IT OUT ON SOME HANDSTAND WALKS

No comments:

Post a Comment